Thursday, January 7, 2010

Drawn to Darkness

I'm drawn to the Darkness.
I can't help it.
I hear it calling out to me,
Asking me to join it.

I hear the voices of those trapped inside it,
Screaming to get out.
But the Darkness has swallowed them
In its ever-growing stomach,
Because of its insatiable hunger
To consume everything lighter and brighter than itself.

I spend my life not keeping the Darkness at bay,
But embracing the Light.
If I just keep the Darkness at bay,
I'm focusing on the wrong thing.
If I embrace the Light,
The Darkness will never possess me.

That is why I can walk in Darkness
Without being consumed by it.
I embrace the Light and carry it with me.
The Darkness has tried to wrench it out of my arms,
But I grip it tightly.
I will never let go of the Light within me,
Therefore, the Darkness will never consume me.

The Darkness hates me for this.
The Darkness in others hates the Light in me.
The Darkness in others causes them
To try to stop me, stampede me, and blackball me,
But I was gifted with tenacity and compassion.
They are my strongest weapons against the Darkness.
I tenaciously seek out those trapped in Darkness,
Because I have compassion for them and want to get them out.
I will not stop until the stomach of Darkness is emptied,
And its mouth forever powerless to swallow its prey.

I am not afraid of the Darkness.
The Darkness is afraid of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment